Monday, November 08, 2004

Four Shelters, No Cats

Saturday, my fiancee and I decided in earnest to go looking for "our cats." Unfortunately, we didn't find them. Some people would probably adopt the first cats they see, but I take a different approach. I figure that these cats are going to be a long-term commitment for me and my fiance so we better find the perfect pets.

Did you know that a cat can live 15 to 20 years? That is longer than:
  • The average length of a first marriage
  • 4-5 Presidential Elections
  • 8 to 12 Olympic Games
  • The time it takes to go through 30 lineup changes in Menudo
  • The half-life of radioactive isotope Tritium

You've gotta be picky. You're playing pong on the day you adopt the cat and gaming with an Xbox by the time you're ready for another one.

That said, I don't think we're asking for too much. We want:

  • Two cats that get along with each other
  • 3 to 10 months in age
  • At least one of them to be male
  • Shorthaired coat (preferably orange or grey / white)
  • Playful, gregarious, but not wild personalities

We'll find them; we just have to be patient.


No comments: