Right now, my fiancee and I plan to go looking for cats again on Saturday. Before then, we have to go shopping for cat supplies and kitten-proof our apartment.
Last week, I asked members of the About.com Cats forum for their feedback on my shopping list. I got some good advice from members suggesting additions so I think I'm ready to hit the pet store.
So here's our shopping list thus far:
- Cat Litter
- Canned Food
- Dry Food
- Soft Carrier
- Scooper (for litterbox)
- Matts for underneath litterbox and food bowls
- Two ceramic or glass bowls for food
- Automatic fountain for water
- Nature's miracle dander spray (for removing allergen from the cats' coat)
- Grooming brush of some kind
- Cat Toys (I'm thinking about the fishing pole to start)
- Scratching post
- Flat floor scratching boards
- Cat Tree or Condo
- Bitter apple spray (for wires, other places I want to keep them away from)
- Cat Nail Clippers
- Styptic Powder (in case the cats cut themselves)
- Cat Bed
- Automatic Feeder (for dry food)
- Soft Paws nail caps
I'm sure we won't get all of these things before we adopt, but we'll try to get the most important ones.