Friday, December 17, 2004

Can Daddy Get His Computer Back?

It seems like every time I try to use my computer, either Arthur or Beowulf comes to visit me. If I don't make noise typing or moving the mouse, Arthur will usually lay down and I will pet him or rub his tummy. However, if I start using the mouse or typing on the keyboard, he will climb all over the keyboard and attack the pointer on the screen.

This is all really cute, but I am still having a bit of difficulty using the computer at home and that kinda sucks. I can't blame the boys for wanting to use the computer, though. I would if I were them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem when I got my first kitten. He would always be intrigued by the computer and try to swat at the mouse pointer and walk all over the keyboard. Though eventually, and it did take some time, the novelty wore off. Also it always helps if they have distractions in other places in the apartment. Lots of toys and what not always help. And try to get in computer time while they are sleeping. I think it's also a way for them to try and get your attention and to participate in whatever it is you're doing.

Timmy said...

I don't mind the keyboard or mouse. But, I do like to sit on the keyboard when I'm watching Tangie the canary. Now, we have this cover made to fit the keyboard which safeguards the keyboard from my big hiney and paws. You can buy it from my favorite online catalog: Drs. Foster and Smith. Here's the to the kittywalk keyboard cover: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8788
(I know it's a lengthy one)

Wendy said...

My cat prefers to lounge on top of the monitor where it is warm. I suppose my monitor is full of cat hair, but it hasn't complained in 5 years.

My prior cat had to sit in my lap while I was at the computer, but this one prefers my husband's lap or his computer chair rather than my lap.

My desk is too cluttered for her to lounge on either side of the keyboard.

jancola said...

I love reading this blog! It is so cool watching your kittens grow up, they already look so much glossier than when you got them -- you clearly groom them very well!

My last kitten used to crawl up on my hands when I was playing N64 (yes, this was a long time ago) and fall asleep on my hands. While I was playing! It made using the controller awkward, but it was so cute :)