Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Furniture Dilemma

This morning I caught the boys eating pieces of carpet from the base of their scratching post. Hopefully, they didn't swallow any of it. This just highlights the fact that so much cat furniture is made out of the cheapest material, without even a second thought about the health and safety of the cats it's designed for.

On the other hand, my cats desperately need a cat tree or kitty condo. They are running all over the place and chewing everything and I think a nice cat tree would help them find a positive outlet for their energy. But where do I find such a thing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can start researching cat trees here:
http://annelisabeth.com/forums/index.php?&showforum=2

I've got some manufacturers coming by too. It's a cat tree forum. I got so frustrated while trying to research them, not finding any forum dedicated to these things, I made my own.
Ann Elisabeth

Thumper said...

I'm still on the lookout for the manufacturer of Max's Supreme Kitty Tower. I've Googled and hit the pet stores around here, and can't find it. But I will...it's become a mission now. I *have* to find out who makes the dang thing...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was thinking of that too. Gonna talk to Max's owner about posting it on my forum, asking for a name and manufacturer.
Ann

socidoc said...

I've just remembered that, years ago, I purchased an ALL WOOD, ALL NATURAL scratching post (but my cats didn't use it so I gave it away to another deserving cat). This is made totally out of wood, thus nothing to chew. I don't remember the name of the company, but I'll bet if you google 'all wood scratch post' or something like that you'll find it. It wasn't cheap. As I recall, maybe 7-8 years ago, it cost something like $35. But it will last *forever* with no safety concerns. My brother's cat has it now and LOVES it! Hope you'll check it out, Avram.