Thursday, December 30, 2004

Getting Bigger All the Time

I wish I had a kitty scale so I could weigh my boys on a regular basis. They seem to be getting bigger and growing all the time. Liz and I just returned home from dinner -- we were gone for maybe 2 hours -- and it seems like the boys have grown in the interim.

I apologize for the lack of photos here. I think I will have to take some of the pics we had of them when we first adopted them and then take a pic now and put them side by side. In their first month with us, we know they doubled in size, because the vet weighed them twice and they went from two pounds to four pounds.

The past day or two they are also eating a ton. They usually don't finish all the kibble or wet food we leave for them, but lately they vacuum it right up, down to the very last chunk of dry food or the very last lick of chicken & liver (their previously least favorite flavor). Could they be going through a growth spurt?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Avram,

Once again, ebay to the rescue. My very first purchase was a baby/pet scale to weigh my cats. I later ordered one for the cat shelter and another one for a friend. Just search for "baby scale" and you should be able to get a good deal on a 44 or 50 lb scale. They are very accurate and much cheaper than buying the equivalent item from a vet supply company.

Peggy

Thumper said...

Got a People scale? We just get on it while holding the cat, then get on it again without him and subtract one number from the other. Since our scale does ounces, we get a pretty good idea how much he weighs (too much, actually.)

jon said...

kitten wallpaper surfing tonight looking at kitten wallpaper info, I happened across your blog. I had to say that I agree with it all!

Now back to my search for kitten wallpaper information!

Jon

Enlargement said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about home laser hair removal. It pretty much covers home laser hair removal and other similar topics available.

Steve Austin said...

Enjoyable blog. Please check out my small dog blog.

Steve Austin said...

Cute blog. Please visit my bengal cat blog. It is all about bengal cat.

jon said...

While searching for new central air conditioner info for my house I stumbled onto your blog. I totally agree!

Paul

jon said...

I was searching for dog food info and found this post. I agree totally!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just wanted to post a comment on how well you have put your Blog together. I was doing a search for wax hair removal product and came across your Blog. I personally run my own Blog for wax hair removal product so I know a good Blog when I see one.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Free site Free Article Search. It pretty much covers chemistry article related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Roy Naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about grooming pet

Den said...

Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I like finding all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my Gifts related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.