From Petsmart.com, which is offering free shipping this week on orders over $40, I got:
- A 17-lb bag of World's Best Cat Litter
- Nutro Max Kitten Canned Food: Chicken and Ocean Fish Flavor (24 cans)
- Nutro Natural Choice Canned Food: Chicken and Lamb Flavor (24 cans)
- Petstages Chilly Kitty Chew Toy (designed for teething kittens)
- A Petstages "Kitty Chase" dangling ball toy (I have one of these already but it's getting worn)
- Two More Petstages Wand Toys
I know I got a lot of Petstages toys, but Petsmart happens to have a really good selection and some of the more interesting Petstages toys are hard to come by. If you read my previous post about Petstages brand toys, you know they are the best brand of cat toy I've seen. They are really durable, intelligently made, and the boys love them. I can't wait to try out the new wand toys with them.
I also ordered some things from Drs. Foster & Smith, which is a good place to shop for pet products, but they mainly carry their own products so I can't use them for my litter, pet food, or for Petstages brand toys. From Foster & Smith, I got:
- Da Bird (wand toy)
- Cat-a-Comb wall groomer (hoping to put this over the corner Arthur is biting)
- A Pyramid Bed (I figure this could be a good temporary hiding place for the boys)
- Opticlear Eye Wash (for cleaning the gunk out of the boys' eyes)
Now, tell me. Was any of that stuff really unnecessary? I have to replace the boys' scratching post so I decided to give the Ultimate Scratching Post a shot because it has sissal (which the boys like) but no carpeting. I figure they need a hiding place so I got the Pyramid and, of course, more interactive toys may distract them from doing destructive things. Food and litter are staples that I have to get on a regular basis so I'm not even going to question those expenses.
I guess being a cat guardian can get expensive between trips to the vet, giant bags of litter, cases of food and the little intangibles like toys and treats that just add up. Of course, I can't put a price on the feeling I got this afternoon when both boys were sleeping with their paws around my arm as I watched TV.