Friday, January 21, 2005

Ignorathon Coming to an End

It seems like the boys are taking some interest in me again. Last night, Beowulf jumped on top of the desk and demanded a cat massage. But Beowulf was not really the problem since Arthur has been the one who has really been giving me the cold shoulder. This is particularly troublesome because I always felt closer to Arthur than to Beowulf.

After Beowulf fell asleep on my desk, I went over to Arthur and gave him a cat massage for a while. Then, right before I went to bed, I was coming out of the bathroom and Beowulf started following me around. I carried him over to the couch and nuzzled under my arm for a while. Arthur came over and sat at my feet and watched us but he didn't come cuddle.

This morning, I went to feed the boys their kibble and Arthur started rubbing up against my ankles and flipping over on his back for a belly rub. I guess he likes me again, for the moment. They are so fickle!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Cats get moody, and they can hold grudges.
Normally, our cat hangs out on my husband's lap, with brief interludes on mine, but I'm the one she cuddles around at night.

But husband and cat had a moment of antagonism on Monday and since then she has been hanging with me and avoiding him.

I even hunted her down 2 nights ago and put her flea stuff on her neck, which she hates, but she forgave me immediately.