Thursday, February 24, 2005

Another Great Brand of Cat Food

I've been a big proponent of Nutro Max and Nutro Natural Choice cat food and I still am, but I also have been mixing it up lately by trying other premium canned cat foods. There's a great new brand, called Merrick, which offers some really wild flavors such as:

  • California Roll
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Turducken
  • Cowboy Cookout (my boys' favorite)
  • Surf and Turf
  • Southern Delight
  • New England Boil

These foods are listed as "for cats and kittens" but I've been told that they have enough nutrition to give to kittens as part of their rotation of foods. Not only is the list of ingredients for each of these foods enticing, but you can also tell these are of superior quality when you open the can. They smell like real food and they are so juicy that they fall right out of the can. They're not congealed.

One tip: A lot of places charge an arm and a leg for the Merrick brand foods, but I was able to find them at a mom and pop pet store near my parents' house for .69 a can (3.2 oz). Here in the the city, we'd pay about .89 a can for the same thing and they are even more expensive on many Web sites.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avram did you see the comment I made on your last blog or is it a coincidence you've just written about cat food again?!?! Thanks for the additional info! Laura in MN

Avram said...

I did see your last comment and that inspired me to post this.

socidoc said...

Hey Avram!
I just now realized that you are talking about the brand of food I feed "my girls" (my two kitties)!! You know which flavor they really, really love?? They love the Thanksgiving Day Dinner, cuz it's already in little pieces and it has TONS! of gravy! Give it a try with your boys, guaranteed they will love it. And besides, several of the flavors contain a blueberry/cranberry combo which helps both boy and girl kitties avoid bladder infections (boys get them more often I believe). We wanna see the cage pix! :-) Thanks Avram

Avram said...

I have tried Thanksgiving Day dinner and they do like it a lot, but I think Cowboy Cookout is their favorite.