Sunday, April 10, 2005

Crate Expectations

Believe it or not, Arthur likes hanging out in the cage. We leave the cage open all the time, but for a few hours a week, we need to lock the boys in the cage while we do something that would endanger them (build furniture, vacuum the floor, etc).

Anyway, I want the crate to be as comfortable as possible for the boys. I want them to use it as a hangout, even when they don't have to be in it. Arthur does like to hang out in it, but how can I make it better for him?

There are two things I'd like to do to change this from a holding crate into a full-fledged playpen / hideout.

  • Add a Hammock -- All the cat crates I see at pet stores and shelters contain hammocks. The problem is that I can't find a cat hammock anywhere. I can only find ferret hammocks. Would a ferret hammock do the job?
  • Cover the cage with a designer crate cover -- Do you think something like the Pet Dreams Cratewear would be good for a cat cage?



1 comment:

Timmy said...

I'm not sure if you saw this before so I'll give you the link again: Cat Hammocks I think they're designed for crates like the one you have. Not too sure though...it's worth a look :)