Monday, April 25, 2005

Just Like Falling in Love

Sometimes I'll just sit and watch my fiancee Liz from across the room. I'm sure anyone who has been in love knows the feeling. You just like to watch the object of your affection doing everyday things: walking around, sleeping, typing away on the computer. There's a certain pride -- "wow, that beautiful person is with me."

Since we adopted the boys, I feel the same way about them. I just love to watch them do everyday cat things that are so beautiful and graceful. I just love the way they:
  • Walk the floor with such conviction, like they own the livingroom
  • Flip over on their backs for a bellyrub
  • Groom each other and wrestle with each other at the same time
  • Open their mouths really wide to yawn
  • Stretch themselves after getting up from a long nap
  • Rub their heads against my feet (Arthur is the one to do this usually)
  • Jump on top of my lap when I least expect it
  • Chase a toy across the floor then pounce on it and hold it like a sacred treasure
When I have human children someday, will I love them this much? I hope so.




4 comments:

socidoc said...

Love those cute pix, Avram! Keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean. Sometimes I'll even watch my cats sleeping for a few minutes! They're just beautiful creatures.

Rahel said...

When you have children, you'll teach them to respect and love animals. That's the best thing.

By the way, here's a link to a healer cat I know here in Israel.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. I wasn't even sure if I liked cat when I adopted mine. It was a lot like falling in love. It's good to hear someone else say that. I feel over the top saying that myself. I wasn't at all expected my cat to have that effect on me.