Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A Lover and a Healer

Yesterday, I was feeling kinda down when I came home from work, but my boys were there, as always, to cheer me up. I've noticed, however, that each boy has his own way of expressing affection to us humans.

Arthur likes to play games; he'll turn his head, look at me from across the room, and meow for me to follow him. I'll usually end up following him into the kitchen where he'll rub my feet and expect a belly rub in return. Sometimes he'll go so wild that he'll grab my ankle and try to pull my toes into his mouth. This is very sweet, affectionate behavior, IMHO, but I've got to follow him around and play by his rules.

Beowulf, on the other hand, has a great knack for knowing when you need him. If you're feeling depressed or ill or just tired, he'll come sit next to you or lie down on your legs. He's a healer. Feeling the vibration of his purr would be enough to make anyone feel better.

5 comments:

Meg said...

That smile on your face just says it all! We'd be doomed if not for cats ;)

cat attack me said...

I am blogger as you. Do hope your cat has not abusive to mices. Think of joining campaign to save mices if you agree.

socidoc said...

Looks like the 'trolls' have found your blog, Avram (see above re "mices")... at least you've got an amusing troll who doesn't exactly 'get' the English language!!

Keep up the good work! As the first poster said, the picture and your HUGE smile says it all! Wish I could give your kitties a hug (and you too!)...

Wendy said...

Avram - I notice that our cat always goes to the one of us most in the need of some love. Cats seem to sense who needs some healing. My cat loves my husband's lap, but if I am feeling bad, she gets into mine instead.

Rahel said...

How beautiful, and how sweet. Sure wish I could skritch your kittycats. They sound (and look) very special.