Friday, June 17, 2005

Blogging and Cats: Both Contagious

I got a really nice comment from a reader name Alysha, who tells me she is both:

A. Starting her own cat blog, called The Purrsuit of a Princess

and

B. Looking to adopt her first cat.

It's a real honor to be able to inspire someone, just as I was inspired to adopt cats by my friend Franny Syufy, About.com's Cats Guide.

This reminds me that I mean to put up some advice posts for new cat people so that maybe I can help Alysha and others like her out a bit in their cat journeys.

3 comments:

Alysha said...

Thanks for the link, Avram! I feel so honored to have my link in your blog! Call me a little starry-eyed, but I hope to have an awesome cat blog like yours someday. =)

Give Arthur and Beowulf hugs for me!

~Alysha

Avram said...

I also put a link to you in my "other cat blogs" section of the navigation. Good luck in your search. My biggest two pieces of advice:

1. Get two cats together, preferably littermates.

2. Wait until you find the right cat(s) for you. If you have to visit a few different shelters or come home empty handed a few times, it's worthwhile. Remember, a healthy cat should live a long time so you wanna find one or two you can really fall in love with.

Steve Austin said...

Cute blog. Please visit my cat figurine blog. It is all about cat figurine.