Monday, June 20, 2005

Bowl Experiment

Last night, my fiancee Liz came home from visiting her parents and she decided to put the large waterer out again, because she said: "sometimes the boys act up when one of us isn't around." I didn't buy her theory, but I let her try the experiment. This morning, when I woke up to feed the boys breakfast, the kitchen was flooded again from an all-night water splashing party.

After Liz mopped the floor, I put down some metal bowls with water. These are my backup food bowls (I have two sets). I'm thinking that I should get some ceramic or hard glass bowls because I'm not sure how tasty water is when it's in a metal bowl.

I'm not sure if they are drinking as much as they normally do but I saw Arthur drink from one of them. It's always hard to tell how much they are drinking because they rarely drink in front of us.

3 comments:

Alysha said...

I don't know if steel bowls would make much of a difference when it comes to taste, but who knows! I've never drank from one before. Hehehe...

I'd just try buying different dishes made out of different materials. Probably heavier built though, so they can't knock 'em over, huh?

I think as long as there's water in there, it won't make much difference. You'll just have to see what they like and don't. It seems like the ones you put out before were just fine?

Anonymous said...

Just get something heavy. Do you think they're up to mischief because they've mastered the rest of their domain and are getting a little bored? Maybe this explains the counter leaping & bowl tipping.......

Muddy, BloggingCat.com said...

My cats love the steel bowls. In fact, one cat broke out when I got a ceramic bowl. The vet said that sometimes an animal has a reaction to ceramic -- who would've guessed?