Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What I Admire About Cats

Us humans can learn a lot from cats. Before I had pets, I used to feel sorry for cats and dogs, because they don't do what humans do.

"They'll never read Shakespeare. They'll never get to vote or to write an article or to give a great speech," I'd say.

But I think the lesson I've learned from my boys is that life is a series of moments, some exciting, some terrifying, but the best moments of all are often the quiet moments when we enjoy the simple things in life -- a good meal, a nice afternoon nap, or the company of friends and family.

No being on earth can relax like a cat.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

"No being on earth can relax like a cat."

My cat totally agrees.

Steve Austin said...

Cute blog. Please visit my domestic short hair cat blog. It is all about domestic short hair cat.