Thursday, October 13, 2005

Cats: Better Than a Sleeping Pill

Last night, I was up late working as usual and, when I finally shut off the computer, it was 3 am, but I was still a ball of energy. I sat down on the couch and started watching reruns of "The Jeffersons," when Arthur came and sat on my leg.

The vibration of his purr literally knocked me out and I woke up at 7 am, having fallen asleep in my clothes, with my glasses still on. My fiancee Liz wondered what happened to me, but when I told her Arthur put me to sleep she said "yeah, that happens to me all the time."

I was talking to a good friend of mine on the phone today and her family is literally going through hell, due to some illnesses. She told me how her husband couldn't sleep last night and was pacing back and forth at all hours, until their orange cat came and jumped up on the bed and lay at his feet. He then fell fast asleep.

6 comments:

DEBRA said...

Cats like in the now. I think there is something so calming about how they simply "are". Cats also know how to relax. It spreads to us like osmosis.

Anonymous said...

LITERALLY!!111one

The Whippy Curly Tails said...

Hey I can relate to this. I have been very stressed out with my job.

The only way I sleep is to call Tannie Man, my big gold kitty, over to my pillow. He snuggles up to me, I wrap my arm around him....we fall asleep together!

He is the only way I can sleep, with his motor purrring in my ear. The best natural drug!

Great pic of the boys!

Liz said...

Finally found your blog and love it! The pictures look relaxing. Makes me miss my kitties. Since I travel so much, I have to be content with "Paris" the goldfish, age 9 and my 3 Bettas, all over a year.

Rahel said...

There's nothing like a kitty for relaxation.

2cats2 said...

I said it in another blog, but it bears repeating here--there's nothing in the world as relaxing as the sound and feel of a purring cat.