Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cats in Snug Spots

This is probably not a revelation to anyone who has cats, but more and more I'm discovering that the boys like to be in snug spots. This is probably why they like beds that are box-shaped and surround their bodies. It's also why Arthur and Beowulf like to come sleep between my legs when I'm lying on the couch.

Their love of snug spots is probably why they aren't interested in sitting next to me on the couch when I'm sitting by myself, but they will come sit between Liz and I, because they want a warm body on either side of them.

The other day, Beowulf found the ultimate snug spot. He came over when I was lying on the couch and got me to open up a hole between my body and the pillows. He then proceeded to stick his head under my arm. He was so content that the vibration of his purr was like a massage machine on high setting.


Beowulf Sits Between My Arm and the Couch

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little snugglebug!

Anonymous said...

I recently stumbled upon your site via cats.about. Thanks for taking the time to talk about your experiences. I am now reading your first posts Nov 2004. We are thinking about getting a cat or kitty too.

Avram said...

Well, you know my advice on the subject: get two cats, preferably siblings. Your comment has inspired me and I think I'm going to post up some advice for new cat people.

Toccata said...

Aw, that is such a cute picture. Saw your link on Mellowlee's site. I'm glad I stopped by. I'm going to read your other posts now.

Toccata said...

Your pictures are awesome. I have just purchased a digital camera so hopefully I can get some good pics of my cat, Sammy Jo. Cats are the best. My cat also hates the vacume cleaner. He has what I call the cat cupboard that he runs and hides in. If I'm not careful and leave the vacume unattended he'll spray it! Yikes!

Beau Beau & Angie said...

Well they really have bonded to you and snuggle up quite well. Beau Beau is a year and a half and still doesn't snuggle up like that. You're lucky! Those purr machines are great.