Sunday, November 26, 2006

Two Years with the Boys

The boys' two-year adoptiversary was November 13th, just two weeks ago. As always, I observed the occasion by donating money to Bideawee, the shelter we adopted them from.

It's hard to believe so much time has passed, because it seems like only yesterday we brought the boys home. Liz and I still find ourselves amazed at some of the wonderful things they do. We love them more each day. Spending time with our boys never gets old.

Here are a few then and now pictures.

Then:


This is our first picture of the boys, taken on November 13,2004. They were just coming out of the cardboard carriers from the shelter:



Here's a picture of them using their bed on the third day we had them:




Finally, here's a picture of them cuddling with me on the night we brought them home.




Now:







8 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so cute - they are so big now they spill out of the cat bed!

socidoc said...

I still think that pic of them in their cat bed (the 'now' pic) is the funniest thing! You say they don't want a bigger bed? LOL! That's too funny!

Avram said...

They actually have a bigger bed which is sitting on the other side of the room. They use it sometimes, but lately the small bed is more popular with them. It could be because the small bed is sitting on my desk or maybe they just like it better.

Just Sharlene said...

Awww...that's so cute. Time does fly.

How did you get both of them to sleep on their bed? I bought a bed for my cats but none of them seemed to be interested in it.

mao said...

hi! i heard about your blog from some friends n took the whole afternoon reading thru n enjoying the photos. thanks for sharing their life story with us! u sure haf 2 great boys! so cute when they were young, n very handsome now!

i also love the pics they slept together in their bed when they were kittens, and now! haha! it's very sweet, makes me very happy xD

Freudian Slip said...

Are you a proud Dad or what!?! :)
Matt

Anonymous said...

These pics are just too cute- they made me laugh out loud- thanks!

Jenn said...

Avram: your cats are so cute - and they've gotten so big since I last saw them. I guess I'll have to come back and visit more often than every 2-3 years (and counting...)