Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Sins of the Father

To put things mildly, my fiancee Liz hates it when the boys walk on our diningroom table. I'm not as concerned about the table as I am about other surfaces, like the kitchen counter, but I do try to keep them off the table when I see them there, particularly while I'm eating. I certainly don't want them coming up there and tasting messing with my food.

However, on Saturday morning, Beowulf jumped up on the table as I was eating my breakfast and, rather than investigating my food, he just sat there and purred. I have to admit that I couldn't resist petting him while I ate and I even stuck my arm out so he could hold onto it. Liz is going to kill me when she reads this.






And what was Arthur doing while his brother sat on the forbidden table? He was just lying around watching.



7 comments:

socidoc said...

So cute! Looks like Beowulf has a little 'tummy' on him! So very huggable! Heck, I figure, my cats are home 24/7 and I'm not... no way can I keep them off anything they choose to get onto or into! Just roll with it! thanks for the pix.

Kimo & Sabi said...

You gots som ehandsome boys there! Do you ever let them do the blogging? Cats can blog you know! Come visit us and see what's happening in the cat blogosphere!

P.S. - we found your bloggie when we were searching for a new cat tree. We're gonna try to get Mommakitty to buy us one like we saw on your site last July.

NM said...

Hi Avram,

I also (occasionally) let my cat do things that would drive boyfriend nuts :( I can't help it, I really don't want to spray her.

Anyway I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of air purifier and vacuum cleaner you have. Boyfriend's asthma appears to be acting up :(

Thanks so much

NM

DEBRA said...

Avram
I have come to the conclusion that they go anywhere they want to when I am not home, so I have given up worrying.

Actually my two tux girls get fed on the kitchen counter now. I just wipe it off before we eat on it.

My husband and I sleep with one of our cats and with all the everyday close contact that I have with each of them, if they had something that was real bad I think I would have gotten it by now.

BUT, I do understand your finacee feelings. I just know that the cats are going to roam everywhere while I'm at work.

stan said...

hello, came across your blog when i was reading a forum.. i've thoroughly enjoyed it, arthur and beowulf are soo cute.. but they seemed to be a little heavy.. maybe it's the pictures, but they look a little fat to me.. hahaa! if the vet din say anything then it's nothing~ haha, keep blogging abt arthur and beowulf!

Justin said...

The kitty is so sweet! but my cats jumps over my bed too when I am watching TV. And hey, just check this my pets watching TV!. Ofcourse Mom was not there!!!!

Ed said...

Avram,

It is one of the amazing things about cats I have found - you don't have to stroke them to have them purr. They just like being NEAR people and they start purring like anything!