Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Big Changes

I'll make this quick, because I really need to relax like Arthur is doing in the picture below. The past month has been really hectic, because I went through a series of interviews and then made the difficult decision to leave my job of nine years at About.com and pursue another exciting opportunity.

The boys have been really helpful through all of this. When I was sitting in front of my computer doing extensive preparations before my interview or stressing about my new job, the boys would come sit next to the keyboard and purr for me. I just came home from day two of the new job and I have a lot to learn, but a lot of exciting work ahead of me. When I get home at night and want to relax after a long day, I always turn to the boys.

12 comments:

Carol said...

Hey, its nice that you have a lovely purrying friends to be always at your side.

And hey, just check this out lovely pet pals

socidoc said...

Avram,
Your regular readers (including me!) will be happy to see you back in action! Thanks so much for the new pic of a cozy Arthur, and CONGRATS on your new opportunity!!
Yes, kitties are such good companions when we need comfort and love.

Karen said...

Hi Avram,

It's good to see a new posting, and congratulations on your new job! I'm a regular reader who has enjoyed following the story of your kitties. ("Kitties" doesn't sound very manly in describing two full-grown male cats, does it?)

:)

thebookmistress said...

Changes are always hard, even changes for the best.

Good luck and pets to the boys.

Dave said...

This cat is beautifull.

i relly like it.

cats.guide said...

Hi Avram!

Good to see you back; I've missed you :(

All the best to you in your new job. The old place doesn't quite seem the same without you. Give The Boys some hugs and scritches from their virtual godmother. :)

FrannyCats

cats.guide said...

Hi Avram!

Good to see you back; I've missed you :(

All the best to you in your new job. The old place doesn't quite seem the same without you. Give The Boys some hugs and scritches from their virtual godmother. :)

FrannyCats

Kimo & Sabi said...

Um...they is cats...that's what they does best! Did you expect any less? ;)

Anonymous said...

HELLO!

Cat-Ladders-Friends-Sweden here. Please check out oyr site. Only pictures of cat-ladders.

http://katt-trappa.blogspot.com/

Artsy Catsy said...

Avram, you have been away for awhile! Your blog was one of the first I read after I launched ours in December. Good to see you back & I've added you to our blogroll.

Your ginger boys look so much like my Fracas!

Sharolyn
& the Artsy Catsy houseful

Nic said...

Hi Avram
Haven't dropped by for ages. I hope your new job is going ok.
My cat Lilly loves looking at pix of your boys!

Beau Beau & Angie said...

Congrats on your new road in life. Those interviews are so stressful but in the end you get what you really want. Good luck!