Saturday, March 24, 2007

Why We Care

I try to keep politics out of this blog, but I will admit to being staunchly pro-cat in all things. If hear about a cat suffering, I'm concerned. If I read about someone who commits an act of animal cruelty against a cat, I get angry and think there should be tougher laws. If I hear about a food company that does animal testing on cats and then sells poisoned cat food, my blood really boils.

If a cat and a dog are duking it out, I'll always side with the cat. If a cat does something bad, I'll make excuses for him. I hate the movie Cats & Dogs because the cats are villains.

Why am I pro-cat? I don't consider myself a softie or a bleeding heart, but look at the picture below and tell me why I shouldn't be staunchly pro-cat?





This, BTW, is a terrible picture of me, but a great picture of Arthur. Why do I always look scraggly in these pictures? Because these moments tend to happen when I've been sitting around on the couch late at night or on a weekend.

3 comments:

socidoc said...

Avram!
Love your new look! (you got a haircut, right? it also looks like you've lost weight! not that you needed to!)

Thanks always for the new pix. I take the cats' side too. Always.
Cats rule, dogs drool.
:))

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

I happen to agree tougher laws indeed! Death to Cat and - actually all animal - Abusers! What a beautiful Kitty Cat!

Anonymous said...

I think you look like you've lost weight too. I'm jealous.

I'm a proud parent of 4 cats and 2 dogs. I love my dogs....but my cats and I have a special relationship.

It makes me so angry when I hear about anyone abusing a cat....or any animal for that matter. I'm always on the side of the animal. I'd much rather be around my animal family than most people I know. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, but I don't care. They love me unconditionally and trust me to take care of them.

Pam