Friday, June 29, 2007

Big Day Goes Purrfectly

My new wife Liz and I just returned from our honeymoon in Greece late last night, and are still trying to beat the jet lag and rest up for work on Monday. That said, I wanted to say that the wedding itself went really well and was very cat-centric, thanks to ideas we got from commenters on this blog.

As you can see from the pictures below, we had a cat cake topper (Liz's mom added the veil and bow tie to the existing models) and we placed a sign near the bar that invited our guests to order special signature drinks, either an Arthurtini (Appletini) or a Beowulf Iced Tea (many thanks to jancola for this idea). We also left notes on each table, informing our guests that we were donating money to Bidawee (the shelter where we adopted our boys) in lieu of giving party favors.

BTW, if you are interested in seeing some non-cat-related pictures from our wedding, my cousin Naomi has posted some pictures she took of the cermemony and reception.




Liz and I cut the cake.

Cat Wedding Cake Topper
The cat topper close-up. Unfortunately, it was too large and heavy to actually put on the cake.


This placard was placed on the bar and reads:

Our favorite humans are getting married. We would love to be there to help them celebrate the special day, but we have a prior engagement as you can see.

So please have a drink on us.

Order a Beowulf Iced Tea or an Arthurtini and raise your glass to Avram and Liz, our most devoted ear scratchers and belly rubbers.

Love, Arthur and Beowulf



Before I go off to take a long nap myself, I just wanted to give a shout-out and high praise to my cat sitters, Leslie Kaufman of On All Fours Cat Sitting and her assistant Holly. They visited twice a day while we were gone and really did a great job of caring for our boys. I'd recommend them to anyone in New York City who needs a cat sitter.

12 comments:

Anonymous Liz said...

Oh my gosh she is the prettiest bride. And we share the same name :D Yay

Just Sharlene and My Spice Cats said...

Congratulations !

Love the cat topper. Its lovely.

Anonymous said...

your cousin is a pretty good photographer! your wedding looked really beautiful. i'm having major anxiety issues about leaving my little kittie behind when i go off to get married...and she's an only-kitty. anyway congratulations! any cool pictures from greece?

Pampered Kittens said...

Cangratulations! that is too bad your cat topper didn't work. i love it!

Nina Lyman said...

Hi, What a charming wedding and so great you included the kitties. i have just found the cat related blogs. I hope you go see my cat blog simonsblog.typepad.com
on my website www.ninasbigstore.com
I just loved your cake topper...hope you enjoy my site and blog. Best wishes on your wedding. Nina Lyman

PrincessMia said...

Congratulations!!! You both look so happy!

love and purrs,
Mia

pet sitter said...

Love your site! Just discovered it so I have a lot of reading to do...

Tyler said...

Congratulations! Wow, what a terrific ideas for including your cats during your wedding. Look forward to getting to know you all better. Toodles, Tyler and Momma

Tina said...

Congratulations. What a beautiful - catty - wedding. I wish you both the best!

me and cats said...

Congratulations!

I am only kid, but I am still happy for you!


~Me and my cats

jancola said...

It has been a long time since I checked your blog, but congratulations!! I hope you enjoyed Greece-- we honeymooned there as well, I can't imagine a better place.

Thank you for the shout out, I'm so glad I was able to help in some small way :)

revjillmaxi said...

very happy for you mr. piltch. a beautiful day, a beautiful bride, a beautiful life...i wish you and your bride all the happiness, peace, and sweetness you can stand (and then some!).
love,
jill maxi schreibman