Friday, September 28, 2007

Comfort During a Tough Time

The past couple of months were a tough time of going on interviews and waiting by phones and email, but I have a new job now, not working for cats, but working for people at the Parks Department. As I sat around the house on pins and needles for several weeks, my boys did everything they could to help me relax.


Beowulf was particularly helpful. Every morning I'd get up and he'd follow me around until I sat down at my desk to check my email. He'd jump up on the desk before I could even move the mouse and he'd sit in front of the keyboard until I let him rest his chin on my arm for a few minutes. After feeling his purr for a few minutes, I was much more relaxed and able to face whatever I had going on each day -- interviews, phone calls, or just waiting by the inbox and phone for news.




3 comments:

Riley & Tiki said...

Congratulations on the new job!!

Naomi said...

Congratulations on the job!! I kept on checking and am happy to see the blog being updated again. I enjoy reading it. :-)

catherine c said...

your cat called. he says he's bored to death!